A default Trac settings form have 6 pre-entered fields-
Type – Here you can specify that the issue type you are reporting is a defect, enhancement or anything else. You have to write name of type in your value field of Test Collab, for example, for defects write defects in value.
priority – You can define the priority of the issue here. You have to write name of priority in your value field of Test Collab, for example, if you want tickets to have priority set as minor then write minor in value field.
milestone – Here you can specify the milestone for all defects created from Test Collab. You have to write name of milestone in your value field of Test Collab.
component – Fill the Component name to which all defects created from Test Collab should be assigned. You have to write name of component in your value field of Test Collab.
version – Fill the version name to which all the defects of the particular project belongs. For example – 1.0, 1.2 etc.
reporter – Here you can specify the username of the user who is reporting issues from Test Collab. This field is an optional field, if you will leave this field empty all issues will be set as reported by Project Leader.
You can click the test button at bottom to make sure that Test Collab is able to create a sample bug in Trac.
Setting up custom Trac Fields
1. Make sure Custom ticket fields plugin is installed an enabled.
2. Go to Trac’s New Ticket page.
3. Right click on it and select View source.
4. Field name will be same as the name of the custom field (not label), value will be same as added by you while creating that custom field. For example, If I created a cusStom field with name- browser , label- In which browser you tested? and options- Firefox, Safari and Chrome. Now , in this case our field name will be browser and if I want all reported defects to have Safari as value then I will write safari in value field of test Collab.
5. Click on add more field link on Issue Manager Settings page, put your custom field name and value in respective fields.
6. Click Test button to create a sample bug and check if your custom field was added successfully.